Bartons Bayside – Wynnum QLD
An Australia First Servicing Workshop Fit Out
Our client had a vision for the future and we were happy to help. Delivering an innovative, Australia first in workshop fit outs, this project combined design, architecture and one of a kind equipment with technological future proofing, to ensure Bartons Bayside continued to remain at the forefront of servicing for their customers for years to come.
Levanta was asked to provide consultancy for a new service facility to support and sustain a long standing, high profile Brisbane car dealership. The challenge was to deliver a technically advanced workshop which would utilise the finite space that they had available, deliver positive returns from day one and be recognised by clients, and the industry, as the most advanced facility in South East Queensland.
Levanta’s project team worked closely with the client and the architects, to develop an ideal solution to meet the client’s vision and challenge. This workshop fit out combined the full skill set of our Project, Technical and Product Teams to design a solution that would fit perfectly into the design of the new workshop and deliver the maximum number of revenue producing bays. We also engaged heavily with our suppliers to introduce some technologies that had not been deployed in Australia before. The automotive project fitout delivered:
- An innovative, Australia first, in-floor hoist system. This system required less space between the vehicle hoists using a minimalist design that did not have the portal frame of a standard vehicle hoist.
- A highly reliable, durable and clinically clean system for the distribution of lubrication utilising Food Grade Stainless Steel tube. The system is complimented by custom made bulk oil tanks and air operated pumps at one end, and digital metering dispensers coupled to highly reliable hose reels at the other.
- Compressed air delivery via a rotary screw compressor with integrated refrigerated dryer and receiver package. The air is delivered at a constant pressure and flow rate via the infinity aluminium tube air system.
- The capability to deliver the fastest and most accurate alignments possible through the use of an eight CCD camera tower aligner which requires very little ongoing maintenance. The aligner sits in front of a 4.5 ton alignment knuckle lift with pantograph lifts. The Knuckle lift, when lowered, sits flush, recessed into the workshop floor.
- Complementing the alignment system is a state of the art in-floor roller brake tester and suspension tester. The Roller tester provides the most accurate and consistently repeatable form of testing brake force and efficiency. The suspension tester provides detailed information on the performance and road holding capabilities of each shock absorber on the vehicle.
Barton’s Bayside are already realising a rapid return on their investment. Presently, they have plans for an additional seven service bays, to complement the original twenty, for the new facility due to utilising the in-floor style, which allowed them to implement more service bays within their allocated floor space. They have enhanced customer experience, offer the most advanced testing equipment in Australia and have made substantial labour savings, while increasing their work flow through the improved efficiencies. All this has been achieved through the development of this new, state-of-the-art facility and our clients couldn’t be happier.
Talk to Levanta now about your project, equipment, or servicing needs.
Wherever you are in Australia, our expert team will be happy to answer any question you have, or provide you with an estimate.
Call us on 1300 577 541 or simply complete the enquiry form for a fast response.